We are all guilty of letting our phones die or being too lazy to charge our phones. With all the apps that we have on our phones, it can be hard to keep up with all of them! The app that everyone is talking about is Microsoft Authenticator. It’s a free app that you can use to protect your Microsoft account. With all of the new phones coming out, it can be hard to keep up with your Microsoft Authenticator. Luckily , we have a solution for that!
Turn on the Backup Option on Your Old Phone
It’s a good idea to turn on the backup option on your old phone for switching Microsoft Authenticator to the new phone. There are many other features that will be lost when you switch, and you’ll have to set up everything again. The backup option is a great way to avoid this hassle. It’s not easy to switch Microsoft Authenticator to a new phone. You need to turn on the backup option on your old phone before you can make the switch. You can also just turn off the old phone and turn it on again to see the backup option in the settings.
Using the Recovery Option on Your New Phone
When you get a new phone, it’s always a good idea to protect your accounts with 2-step verification. One way to do this is to use the Recovery Option on your new phone. This will allow you to use the Microsoft Authenticator app on your new phone to generate codes for your accounts.
Revalidate on the New and Remove From the Old
It’s time to revalidate on the New and remove from the Old. This is a process that needs to be done in order to switch Microsoft Authenticator to a new phone. The first step is to download Microsoft Authenticator on the new phone. The next step is to remove Microsoft Authenticator from the old phone. And finally to revalidate on the New and remove from the Old.
- Microsoft Authenticator might ask you to reverify some accounts after moving to a new mobile. That happens because of security reasons.
- While verifying accounts, you can see different codes on new and old mobiles. It is mandatory to use the codes from your new mobile.
- Don’t forget to remove all accounts from the Microsoft Authenticator app after moving to the new phone.
How to move Microsoft Authenticator to a new phone
To set up Microsoft Authenticator on a new phone, follow these steps-
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on old mobile.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon and go to Settings.
- Toggle Cloud backup or iCloud backup option.
- Add a recovery account.
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on the new mobile.
- Tap on the BEGIN RECOVERY button.
- Enter the credentials of the recovery account.
- Reverify accounts to start using them.
How Microsoft Authenticator is working
Microsoft Authenticator is the new way to protect your Microsoft Account. It is a free app that you can download on your phone to make sure you are always protected. You can also use it to protect your other accounts on social media, email, and other websites.